Strength Expression Protocol
This eBook will lay out what to look for in the specificities of sport. It will cover how a lot of our specialized physical preparation is really general physical preparation and how to identify the difference. The driving factor behind my creation of the Strength Expression Protocol was a passion and desire to understand how strength, court, and field sports can intertwine. Outside methods of training other than playing the sport itself do not have to be widely different, and in fact, doing methods outside your sport may aid your performance. One thing that has also piqued my interest is how “hybrid” athletes could play sports and yet be extremely strong and powerful. When I dug deeper I found that this may be because, as coaches, we are too narrow-focused on improving certain metrics instead of looking at the athlete as a whole - as well as the different opportunities of growth within modifying trainable strength expression factors. This eBook challenges the standard form of periodization - not implying that it is wrong, but stating that perhaps there is more to the puzzle.
Table of Contents
- Introduction 3
- Understanding Sport Specificity 3
- Adaptations for Strength Expression 5
- The Anatomy & Physiology Behind Strength Adaptations 7
- Muscle Physiology 8
- How Muscles Move 8
- How Muscles Contract (Muscle actions) 8
- Muscle Actions and the Stretch Shortening Cycle (SSC) 9
- Summary of Training Factors of Strength Expression 10
- Increase motor unit recruitment 10
- Increase rate coding (firing rate) 10
- Regulating the co-contraction of muscles 11
- Downregulation of proprioceptors 12
- Hypertrophy 13
- Connective Tissue 14
- Flywheel Approach to Quality Adaptations 15
- Peaking With The Flywheel Model 17
- Where To Go From Here - Managing Training 17
- Ending Thoughts 19
- Takeaway 19
- Program Overview 20
- Citations 21
- Strength Expression Protocol Book and Program
- 12 Week Program focused on increasing the expression of strength.
How will I receive my download
Buyers will receive links to download their Digital products in the Thank You page of the Checkout,
along with an emailed link that will last for 30 days.
If you have issues downloading
- Be sure that you are attempting to access the file from a computer, and not a mobile device.
- Try changing your browser settings
- Chaning your browser
- Opening file in a new tab
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Update your browser.
- Restart your computer.
- Disable browser extensions.
- Temporarily disable antivirus, antispyware, and firewall products.
- Reset your browser to default settings.
If none of these work please email Tyler@completeperformancesystems.com for your copy